Omnia turns building supplier into more efficient, profitable business
Imagine if you were able to do the exact same accounting tasks … but in 500 fewer hours per year. You’d save tens of thousands of dollars per year, wouldn’t you?
That was just one of the benefits that Omnia Business Solutions delivered to Complete Lintels Building Supplies, a Sydney-based reseller of building products.
After 12 years in business, Complete Lintels was still using the same accounting system, which had long since passed its use-by date. That was causing two big problems:
- Supplier invoices and daily bank transactions were being entered manually. Printing all these invoices led to a ton of paperwork, which was being stored on- and off-site.
- Hard-copy invoices would sit on an employee’s desk for up to two weeks before being entered into the system — a time-consuming and non-income-generating task. As a result, management was reviewing financial reports that were 1-2 weeks’ old.
Complete Lintels needed a new accounting system that could handle these tasks more efficiently. So Omnia converted their accounting software over to Xero and integrated it with the Dext document management system.The result? Complete Lintels became a more efficient, profitable business.
Omnia converted their accounting software over to Xero and integrated it with the Dext document management system.The result? Complete Lintels became a more efficient, profitable business.
- Complete Lintels now spends less time on manual tasks, which means employees can focus on higher-value tasks.
- Paper waste has been reduced, eliminating the need for costly off-site storage. Invoices in Xero are verified on-screen and automatically forwarded to Dext, which allocates each invoice to the correct supplier based on preset rules. A task that used to take 8-10 hours a week is now done in just a few minutes a day.
- The Xero accounting system stores a digital image of each invoice, which means no more rummaging through filing boxes. This makes end-of-audit tasks and tax compliance a breeze.
- Having up-to-date accounting information means the business owner can view profit-and-loss statements in real time and end-of-month reports are now ready within days rather than weeks.
Do you need help streamlining your accounting processes? Omnia Business Solutions will evaluate your company’s accounting systems and show you how to improve them.